Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Fun




Hi everyone --


This past week has been pretty busy with time spent celebrating Christmas with family and visits with friends. We spent Christmas with Dan's family on Saturday, which was fun with four kids under the age of four! It was nice to have everyone in one place as well. We took a picture of the four grandkids together, which is attached. The other baby is Dan's older sister's - she was born in early December. It was amazing to us how much Jacob has grown since he was born after seeing him next to her. She is the size that he was when he was born!!


We celebrated with my family at our house on Sunday. I have also attached a photo of our family picture, which has been a tradition as far as I can remember. We took Jacob to the Christmas Eve service at our church on Monday and he did so well!! I was so nervous about him crying or belting out these elongated grunts that he has now started doing when he needs to go to the bathroom, but he kept quiet. It was great to be back in church and be there as a family - we hope to start taking him to church each Sunday now that he is a little older. Since we saw both of our families prior to Christmas, we were able to have a quiet and relaxing day on Christmas day. My dad came up again and we watched movies and learned how to make my dad's famous mostaciolli. Overall, it was a great Christmas!


Jacob gave us a great Christmas gift and slept in his crib the entire night on Monday (with only two feedings). Just when we thought that was great, he slept ALL night without waking up on Wednesday night. Dan and I woke up around 5:00 am in a state of shock that he was still asleep. I went in to make sure that he was still breathing and then we went back to sleep. He made it all the way to Dan's alarm at 7:00, which was eight hours straight. It was probably just a fluke, but we'll take it!!

Jacob smiled at me for the first time yesterday, which was so exciting!! He has smiled in his sleep since he was born, but this was the first time he did it when we were "talking" to each other. He is exploring his voice more and more and it is fun to try and get him to talk to us. Since he has gotten bigger, he no longer fits into his newborn clothes so I have put those away and gotten out his next stage of clothes. It's fun putting new clothes on him, but sad at the same time to say goodbye to his newborn clothes. I'm just about done decorating his nursery and will post pictures of it once it is done.

I have two weeks before I go back to work and I have a whole list of things to get done. Mainly though, I want to soak up my one-on-one time with Jacob. I'm looking forward to going back to work but will miss spending so much time with him. I know every working mother faces this dilemna, but I hope that it is an easy transition for both of us. I'm tearing up just thinking about it :( I'll just have to load up my desk with lots of pictures of him!!!

Blog at you all later!!

Angela

0 comments: