Sunday, December 2, 2007

Growing Boy

Hi everyone --

It is so hard to believe that Jacob is already two weeks old! Today was his due date and it is crazy to think that he may not even be born yet. We had his two-week check-up with Jacob's pediatrician on Friday and Jacob is packing on the pounds! The goal was for him to be back up to his birth weight of 7 lbs, but he weighed in at a healthy 7 lbs 14 oz. I was concerned that since he doesn't nurse as long as recommended that he wouldn't show improvement in weight, but it turns out that he is just an efficient eater and gets his milk within the first five or ten minutes of nursing. What a relief! I'm so glad of this because this makes my life easier in not having to nurse as long, although he sometimes nurses once an hour during certain parts of the day.

Jacob continues to do well at night. He sleeps for about three hours at a time and is going back to sleep right away after nursing. I've become immune to his crying at night and I am so thankful that Dan is getting him up for a diaper change and then brings him to me to nurse. We're hoping that he continues to make our nights smooth because we're all about getting lots of sleep!!

We've had a pretty low key weekend, which has been nice because the weather here was pretty sketchy all weekend. We had a small ice storm yesterday and it has rained all day today. I spent a good part of my free time this weekend sorting through the hundreds of pictures stored on our digital camera. I finally figured out our picture software program and have created and e-mailed everyone a link to a set of pictures of Jacob during the last couple of weeks. Please let me know if you didn't get an e-mail and I will send it to you again.

Well, I need to start getting ready for bed and spend some time with Jacob before going to sleep. Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

Angela

0 comments: