Sunday, July 26, 2009

Decatur Visit

Last Saturday we ventured down to Decatur to visit family. We are fortunate that my family travels often to Bloomington to visit us here, but it was definitely our turn to make the trip there. It was a sort of power visit! All in a day, we visited my grandma (mom's mom) in the nursing home, visited my Aunt Janet (mom's sister) and Uncle Dave, visited my grandparents (dad's parents), and then spent the afternoon at Dad and Debbie's new house.

It was great to visit with family and introduce some of them to Bailey. My dad and Dan surprised my grandparents by trimming their bushes in the morning while I took the kids around visiting. Afterwards, Debbie cooked an amazing lunch for us and we ate out on their deck. The temperature that day was in the 70's so how could you not spend it outside! The have an enormous yard and endless amounts of flower gardens. I also took some picture of these because they were so gorgeous. They are so good with our kids and Jacob and Bailey love spending time with them as well!

My dad is closing on the house that we grew up in this week. It's sad to see it go, but at the same time it really hasn't been the same since my mom died. It's great that my dad and Debbie get a new start in a new home. It is so warm and comforting there that I realize that it doesn't matter where you are, it's the company you're with that matters :)

Grandma Miller with the kids

Aunt Janet with Bailey

Debbie walking with Jacob around the garden path in their yard

Jacob riding the tricycle on the path

Grandpa sitting with Jacob on the swing

Grandpa winning major points with Jacob after feeding him an ENTIRE bowl of sherbet!

I'm going to sneak these two picture of Bailey in (taken the next day) because I take a lot of action shots of Jacob, but not much of Bailey!



Some pictures of their flowers!





0 comments: