Monday, May 4, 2009

Dad's Wedding

My Dad got married this weekend!!! It was a beautiful ceremony and reception. My sister and I stood up with my Dad and Debbie's daughter was the matron of honor. It was mostly family and a few friends at the ceremony which I think is the way to do it.... very intimate. All of my Dad's sisters were there and we always have a good time visiting with them. Time is always too short and I wish I got to spend more time with them hanging out.

I took Jacob and Bailey down with me on Friday for the rehearsal and dinner and stayed the night along with my sister. Thank goodness she was there because, wow, it's exhausting managing two little ones by yourself. I think that Sharla did more to help with them than I did! Getting through the rehearsal was crazy. Sharla ended up taking Jacob out of it because he was too distracting and I had Bailey. Bailey had one of her nights where she was fussy and didn't want to go to sleep. To add to the stress, my Dad's pack-n-play wouldn't set up properly so Sharla slept with Jacob on an air mattress, bless her heart!!! I don't think any of us got much sleep that night.

I was really worried how the kids would do the day of the ceremony, but thanks to help from everyone we survived. We had some time to kill between pictures and the wedding, so we hung out with my Dad in the church's gym. It was a great way for Jacob (and Dan) to get out some energy. Dan fed Jacob lunch before the ceremony which helped keep him somewhat happy during the ceremony, although Dan did have to take him out halfway through. My Aunt Kathy was in charge of Bailey and did great!! She's the easy one of the two :) Pictures afterwards were a bit challenging because Jacob was VERY ready for a nap, so there are pictures with him holding his juice and pacifier. Oh well, what are you gonna do?!! Jacob fell asleep on the way to the reception and Dan successfully was able to get him out of the car and not wake him up. You'll see in one of the pictures Jacob and Bailey sleeping on the floor next to our table at the restaurant. I'm sure people were whispering about it, but we were able to enjoy the reception in peace!!

All-in-all, it was a beautiful, fun, yet exhausting weekend. It's great to see my Dad so happy and after all he has been through, he deserves it. I wish them all the best!!!

Here are some snapshots of the big day....

Dad's Wedding

0 comments: