Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day this year was fairly quiet. I went to church for the first time in almost two months and Bailey made it through the service great! We were stuck in the front row because we were a few minutes late, but all went well. We ran a couple of errands on the way home and both kids did fine. It was our first trip out to a store with the two of them and it was interesting having both kids in the cart at once. I'm not sure how we'll manage once Bailey is old enough to sit in the front, but we'll deal with that when the time comes.

It had been a few hours since Bailey had a diaper change and eaten, so by the time we got home, she was pretty fussy. Here comes the sweetest part of my day.... While I was washing my hands getting ready to take care of her, Jacob decided to play the big brother helper and grabbed her pacifier and put it in her mouth for her. After it fell out again, he put it back in for her. So sweet!!! This is a HUGE moment for me because Jacob still very much loves his pacifier and I've been worried about him taking hers for himself, but he apparently understands the difference. I'm also very proud of him for trying to be a big brother to her and do something to make her feel better. Such a proud moment for momma!!!

The rest of the day was fairly quiet. Dan stained the outdoor playground sets while Jacob napped. My grandparents stopped by for a little while in the afternoon and brought me a potted rose plant. It's gorgeous. Just a reminder to me that I need to soon get my flowers in before I go back to work. All-in-all it was a nice day!!

Jacob's message for me

Outtake

0 comments: