Thursday, May 14, 2009

Garage Sale Time Again!

We had our garage sale this past weekend. It was a lot of work, but not as bad as it could have been. I went through the house and cleaned things out right after we found out we were pregnant with Bailey, so I already had my pile in the basement of garage sale stuff. I priced everything in an afternoon last week and organized it all on Thursday. Over the two-day sale, we were pleased to have sold most of the larger items and didn't have an overwhelming amount left over. We made over $400!!! We threw out the worthless junk, sent some stuff to Goodwill, and kept the things we thought could go into a future garage sale and boxed them up for the basement. The good thing is that these items are already priced for next time! I figure that our next sale will include lots of baby items, so it should be a big draw for people. I had so much fun with it. My dream is to own my own small business one day, so this was a way for me to live that out on a small scale for a few days :)

I'm also beginning to hit garage sales again this year looking for toys for the kids. I have so much fun going to sales and it is such a rush finding good deals!! I had so much success at this last year, I'm hoping to repeat this year. It's amazing how cheap you can get toys at garage sales and with some clean-up, they are almost like new again. I've already gotten Jacob a few toys and books and they are a hit already!! I've gotten him an Etch-n-Sketch, Sesame Street doctor's kit, musical push toy for outside, puzzle, and books. I have a list of things I'm looking for.... outdoor toys for Jacob, toddler picnic table, toddler indoor table/chairs, boy toys for Jacob, and girl toys for Bailey. I plan on going to lots of sales here in the next couple of weeks while I am still off work. Wish me luck :)

0 comments: