Saturday, February 7, 2009

Just a Nice Day

Today has been one of those days where it has just been perfect. I love those mornings when you wake up on your own without an alarm and feel refreshed. Dan and Jacob slept in for an extra hour after I got up so I got a lot done and enjoyed a peaceful house, which I love. After a breakfast together as a family, I took Rascal to the vet and Dan took Jacob with him grocery shopping. The weather here today was GORGEOUS!! After a couple of months of brutal temps and continuous ice and snow, it got into the lower 60's. All of the snow has now melted and people were taking advantage of the great weather and spending time outside. Since it was nice enough not to freeze outside, Dan was able to finally swith Jacob's car seats to forward-facing which is just awesome for Jacob. While Dan did that, I let Jacob walk up and down our sidewalk a few times before lunch to burn some energy. After lunch Jacob took a nap and Dan and I got caught up on our DVR backlog and I got to read.... outside! When Jacob got up we played inside for awhile and then took him outside in the backyard (after Dan cleaned up Rascal's week's worth of messes) and let him swing and go down our slide. He loved cruising around the backyard! We got to talk to a couple of our neighbors which I really miss during the winter and then we went out to dinner.

All-in-all today was great and I loved being able to spend time with Jacob without the worry of what I wasn't getting done. He seemed extra happy today and I really look forward to more days like this when we can spend time outside and let him play. It's amazing how sunshine and warm temperatures can literally brighten your mood! It reminds me how much God has really blessed me.

0 comments: