Sunday, February 1, 2009

30 Weeks

Well, today marks the 30-week mark in my pregnancy! Things are going along okay so far, although there have been some minor bumps along the way. You can see from the picture that I am getting pretty big. I'm gaining weight at about the same pace as I did when I was pregnant with Jacob though. I told myself that I wouldn't stress out about the weight (not that I'm eating any less!) but it's still hard. I had a fairly easy time losing it the first time (bless breastfeeding) and am hoping the second time is just as smooth. It will help that she'll be born in decent weather so I can take more walks in the beginning and hopefully begin running again sometime in May.

It's strange this time around because at this point in the first pregnancy I was already on bed rest. The exhaustion is hitting me pretty hard right now, which is related to chasing a 14-month old around and not being able to lay around 24-7 like last time. I'm reminded at how big I am when I have to get up off of the floor or when I walk, yeah the waddle shows itself sometimes already! I've been getting some headaches lately and with my history of pre-eclamsia, the doctor is keeping a close eye on me. I'm praying I can escape this problem again because it was a big pain last time and I would love to carry her to at least 38 weeks and not have to go on bed rest again. As a precaution my doctor has ordered that I rest after work and on the weekends. I'd say that I'm "moderately" following his instructions, but will definitely follow orders better if I am officially told to be on bed rest.

Everyone is asking what her name is going to be. We still don't have one picked out although we have a few in mind. However, as we did with Jacob, we're not announcing it until she is born. So if you haven't asked yet, you can save your breath!!

I'll end this with a cute story. Jacob has learned to pat his belly when we ask him where his is. A few times he has come up to me and pointed to mine, can't really miss it these days! Anyways, the other night he kept pulling my shirt up and poked repeatedly at my belly button like it is an on/off button like the TV. He would then put my shirt back down and then lift it back up and repeat. It was cute at the time, but my fear is him doing this to the teachers at daycare! How mortifying would that be?!!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

You look so cute! Yes, I realize that's not how you feel, but you really do... you're totally all baby. Let's try and enjoy these last few weeks before the aches, pains, etc. really set in!!