Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mr. Grabber

It has been WAY too long since I have blogged last. I have been waiting for a time when I can download all of my digital pictures so I can post some on this blog. Well, I still haven't gotten to that yet, so I thought I would just go ahead and post an update on Jacob. I seriously don't know how people manage with multiple children!!

Jacob just keeps getting more and more fun! He is on the verge on crawling and we are just waiting for him to figure it out. He lunges forward from a sitting position and either props himself up on his hands and rocks or lands on his stomach and then rolls to where he wants to go. We have been putting off baby-proofing but seriously need to get going on that soon!!

It is so fun to watch his curiousity and exploration of the world around him. He grabs at EVERYTHING now. Once he sees something that he wants he somehow makes his way over to it to check it out. His pacifier seems to always be on his radar now. I swear he can spot that thing a mile away!! The pacifier has been a life-saver when he gets fussy or needs to sleep, but now he pops it in his mouth even when he doesn't really need it. I'm starting to hide it from him because I don't want him to get too dependent on it.

Jacob is turning into a good little eater. He is now on three meals a day of baby food. There really hasn't turned out to be anything that he doesn't like. He is starting to turn his nose up at rice cereal though, probably because he has seen the greener pastures of flavored food. We're supposed to be starting him on some table food, but I'm still a little uneasy about it.

We've been trying to get outside more, but it has been so rainy here lately or too hot to go out. I'm really paranoid about taking him out in the sun. I try and lather him up with sunscreen and throw a hat and sunglasses on him, but I still worry. I'm a huge sunlover and love to lay out in the summertime, but I don't want to ruin his perfect skin. We've had a few playtimes outside in the yard on a blanket. Jacob seems more interested in pulling up the grass than his toys though!!

I do have a few pictures that my sister has forwarded me so I'll post those until I can add mine.

Jacob at 6 months

This is probably my favorite of him. He looks so innocent!!

Here is a non-Jacob picture of my sister, Sharla, with Ray Romano and Kevin James at a club in Vegas. Apparently she is the only one they would allow into their section to take a picture. Pretty cool!!

0 comments: