Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend with Aunt Sharla

This weekend my sister, Sharla, came down to visit. Dan was in Minnesota for a long weekend visiting all of his family there. Usually when Dan takes off for the weekend, Sharla comes to visit and we usually have some good quality sister time. I was so thankful that she came down, not just so we could hang out, but it was nice to have another pair of hands with Jacob! We spent a lot of time on Saturday outside since it was so nice. We got Jacob a pool and tried him out in it for the first time. I think that it was a little too chilly for him so it wasn't as successful as I was hoping it would be. Jacob played so much on Saturday and we had the best time with him. We went shopping yesterday and Jacob did so well in his stroller. He loves to people watch and got to see himself in a full-length mirror for the first time which was a hoot! All-in-all in a was a good weekend.

Well, I guess the weekend was great until five minutes after Sharla left yesterday. I put Jacob in his pack-n-play upstairs so I could work on laundry. I checked on him a couple of minutes after putting him in it and saw what looked like a whole bunch of throw-up. Not so. Mr. Jacob had a big poop blow-out that went up his back, all over the pack-n-play, his clothes, his skin, his toys, everywhere! He had it on his face and hair even. I just hope it didn't end up in his mouth. It was such a mess I almost cried. We have been trying out the Stage 3 Pampers diapers (two different kinds) and they just don't hold up very well for him. The kid poops A LOT, usually 4-5 times a day and there is usually quite a bit of damage in there. We have already tried and loved the Huggies brand, but had some Pampers to try out. I called Dan on his way home and told him not to show up without some Huggies in hand because I am DONE with the Pampers. I know they work for others, but not for Jacob. This is why I prefer to put Jacob in some sort of one-piece outfit or onesie, so if he does blow-out at least it's contained to his clothes. Well, now that I've ruined your appetite, I'll change the subject :)

I hit a few garage sales last week in order to look for some gently-used toys for Jacob. I have been wanting an exersaucer for him so I can put him safely somewhere while I'm outside or working upstairs. We have a jumperoo downstairs, but it isn't very portable. Well, I found an exersaucer and several other toys and books for him. I took a picture of my finds because I was so excited at how much I got for so little money - $30!! I even found a brand new walker for him that is still in the box for $5! I think that I am now addicted to garage sales and already have plans to go to more later this week.

Here are some other random pictures.

Jacob standing up

Jacob trying to crawl

Jacob at 7 months

Jacob trying to steal the camera

A very messy lunch

With Grandpa on Father's Day

0 comments: