Sunday, June 29, 2008

Working on Tricks All Night

As I write this, I am hoping that Jacob will soon tire out so I can go back to bed to get some much-needed sleep. Jacob was very restless last night and just refused to sleep much. I tried just about every trick in the book to get him to go back to sleep, without much luck. He continually spit out his pacifier which is what he (we) usually rely on for him to fall back asleep. I patted him, rocked him, changed his diaper, fed him, put him in the swing, even drugged him with Tylenol after we thought maybe his mouth was hurting him (hence not wanting his pacifier). One thing that worked was putting him into bed with us, which knocked him right out. Yay!! Dan carried him back to bed which gave us another hour's rest. I woke up hearing lots of banging and went to check on him. The kid was sitting up in the middle of his crib! This is the first time that he has sat up from a lying down position. I was in complete shock. I brought him back to bed with us and nursed him hoping that he would fall back asleep. He just wanted to play and sat up AGAIN on his own. We then gave up sleep and Dan dropped his crib to a safe position so he can't easily pull himself into a standing position and try and escape. Dan joked that he must have been working on this new trick all night, which is why he didn't sleep.

0 comments: