Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pregnancy Update

A few things have transpired this week. I've had two dr's appts this week to check on my blood pressure and lots of lab tests. I had a check-up today to see how my blood pressure was and to get the results of my lab tests on Tuesday and Wednesday. The good news is that my lab tests came back negative for Pre-Eclampsia. The bad news is that one of my in-office tests today came back positive, so I'm now on full bed rest and am undergoing another 24-hour long lab test that I'll spare you the details on! I also went through a 30-minute non-stress test where the baby's activity and contractions were monitored. The baby put on a show for the duration of the test as did my contractions! I had about 5-6, only three of which I felt. It looks like this baby will probably not make it until April 6th. My goal is to make to my Monday appt where I'm hoping that my doctor will suggest going ahead and doing the c-section that day. This high blood pressure thing scares me after going through it once already. The first time I was unaware of the seriousness of it, but now that I'm more informed, it is such a dangerous thing to have. I'm just thankful that the baby seems to be doing great!!

We appreciate any prayers that you can throw our way!

0 comments: