Tuesday, March 17, 2009

36 Weeks

It's hard to believe that I am already at the 36-week mark!! I look and feel VERY pregnant. Poor Dan gets to hear me complain about how uncomfortable I am, but it's true!

I feel like my body is not made for the late stage in pregnancy, with the issues I've faced in Jacob's pregnancy and this litte girl's one. I was put on bed rest last week after my blood pressure was high at the dr's office. I was getting a lot of headaches and knew it was coming. I went out and bought a blood pressure monitor so I could monitor it from home and test my limits on what I could do without sending it too high. So far, so good!! I've been able to work from home and not lie down too much and keep it under control. My blood pressure at my appointment today was good, so my doctor is hoping I make it to my 4/6 delivery date. My simple goal is just another two weeks and then I'll be happy, but ultimately I just want to make it witout the Pre-Eclampsia diagnosis. Jacob was born at 38 weeks when I fully developed it. My doctor is also on vacation all next week (as he was also during Jacob's 37th week, ironic, huh?) and I really want him to see my pregnancy to the very end.

I've experienced some major pain in my left gluteal area and all down my left side of my left leg the past couple of days. I was almost driven to tears walking into my appointment today because the pain was so severe. It turns out the the baby is on my sciatic nerve and probably won't move off of it until she is born. Ugh!! I have a whole new respect for anyone with disc injuries, especially since theirs is probably worse than what I'm going through. It just means that bending down and caring for Jacob is near impossibe at this point. I'm supposed to rest as much as possible in order to keep the pain under some control. I seriously calculate the steps I need to take because every step hurts. I feel like I no longer can be left alone with Jacob because I can't lift him or chase after him. Thank goodness we are almost at the end of this :) I'm sad because I want to spend as much as time with Jacob as possible, but I also have this other child that needs me! She's not even here yet and I already feel split!!

I think that we finally feel ready for this little girl to come. We've made arrangements for Jacob while I'm in the hospital and have things ready for her to come home. We still need to get Jacob's room in order and purchase some furniture for him, but it'll be a couple of months before that is absolutely necessary. I've cleared out a drawer in his current dresser for the baby's clothes. For awhle I guess they will be sharing some living space, although she'll be sleeping in our room in the beginning. We were just commenting last night how big Jacob looks in the crib, so maybe it is time for him to be in a big boy bed!! It is so strange to think of him as a "big brother."

I'm really getting anxious to meet this little girl!!! Only 20 days left :)

0 comments: