Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Trip to the Zoo

We took a trip to the St. Louis Zoo last Friday and had a good time. We have been holding out for a day with nice weather - it was sunny and 82 degrees, which is unheard of for St. Louis in August. Apparently we weren't the only ones with that idea because the place was packed. This was our first real road trip with Jacob other than going to visit family. He did so well in the car, but I don't think he could have handled a full day of driving. He definitely noticed the animals, but really didn't show much excitement. I'm guessing that he'll have more appreciation for them next year if we go back.

The St. Louis Zoo is a great zoo with an incredible variety of animals to view and it is well kept. It's also free which is a bonus too! My only complaint is that several of the animals were hidden from view because they were either hiding in the shade or were inside to escape the heat. Unfortunately, my favorite exhibit - the orangutans - was closed for the day for some reason. I remember going there as a kid and my mom and I would stay there forever watching the active and entertaining monkeys. I'll just have to look forward to seeing them next year :)

We didn't take many pictures, but here are a few of Jacob.










1 comments:

Scott and Kristen said...

What a fun family trip! It could be a tradition for you to take Jacob there every summer . . . opt for early June, though! :)

Kristen