Friday, April 18, 2008

Shaky Night

Last night was pretty shaky.... in more than one way! Jacob just did not want to sleep for very long at all so we were up MANY times with him trying to get him to go back to sleep. Usually the pacifier is all he wants and he'll go back to sleep. However, last night he turned it into a toy and kept yanking it out of his mouth. We tried letting him cry for short amounts of time, but he just doesn't know how to pacifiy himself yet. I'm starting to wonder if he ever will.

As much as our sleep was interrupted last night, you would think that we would have noticed the 5.2 earthquake that occurred in Southern Illinois at 4:37 am. Nope. It sounds like it woke a lot of other people up though. Both my dad and sister (who lives near Chicago) heard it and my dad said he thought a tornado was coming through his house. Although I missed the real one, I did feel the aftershock we had around 10:15 this morning. It was pretty weird to feel the building shake. I know that this is commonplace in California, but for those of us here in the midwest, it is pretty alarming!

I guess another "shaky" story that I can share is that Jacob demonstrated that he is a boy earlier this week. He was in his bumbo seat playing with his toys while I was fixing myself breakfast when he started crying suddenly. He somehow popped himself out of the seat and landed on his head on the floor. He (thank goodness) did not get hurt, but now he will have to be watched closely while in it in case he decides to execute any other "houdini" manouvers!

0 comments: