Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just want to be healthy

When we decided to put Jacob in daycare, we knew that he would get sick more often than if he stayed at home. What I don't think I was prepared for was that he would be CONSTANTLY sick. He has had one cold after another since January 20th. Yes, I remember that date because not only was I very worried because he was sick for the first time and I didn't know what to do for him, but I developed tremendous guilt for sending him to daycare where he would be exposed to lots of other kids with colds and other ailments(that first day I dropped him off I came really close to turning around to take him home, no joke). We have been told by his pediatrician that since he is in daycare, we can expect him to get 8-12 colds in the first year. Well, I think that we are up to about 6 or 7 now. Supposedly the fact that he is getting sick now means that he will be less sick later on when he begins school. We're crossing our fingers!!

Another thing I wasn't prepared for was how often Dan and I would get sick. Dan has fared better than me at least. I am on my fourth or fifth cold, we have both had the stomach flu, and I have had hives and pink eye. As if that isn't enough, I have had four dental fillings in the last two months and just found out that one of those needs a root canal. I know all of this sounds whiny, but I just long for the day when all three of us are illness-free again! One thing that I am grateful for though, is that all of this has been on the minor level. Although it is hard to believe from this post, I do try and look at the glass half-full and am extremely thankful that Jacob was born healthy without any major health concerns.

Here's to no more coughing, snotty noses, sore throats, eye infections, rashes, or fillings....

0 comments: