Friday, October 19, 2007

Pieces Starting to Fall Into Place

Hi everyone --

Well, another week has passed and things are still going well. Dr. Nord did another ultrasound on Tuesday and checked everything out and the baby still looks good. He is now recommending that I stay home from work until the baby is born, which surprised me a little. I was planning on going back in a couple of weeks, but I talked to my boss and she is okay with me continuing to work from home. I do get my driving privileges back on Sunday, though, so I plan on taking a few short trips from time-to-time.

Our baby furniture was delivered and set up on Wednesday, so we can finally start to get the nursery together. Sharla and Kristen threw the most perfect shower for us on Sunday and it was great to see family and friends all in one place. We got so many cute things and I am anxious to start organizing the nursery (although it will have to be just a little bit at a time since I am still on bed rest). Dan is busy buying things that we still need and is traveling to Springfield tomorrow to load up the car with things from Babies 'R Us.

I'm feeling much more relaxed these days now that we have most things that the baby will need when we bring him home and especially since it appears that I won't be delivering prematurely. We picked out a pediatrician this week and plan on working hard next week on selecting a child care option. Now that I can venture out of the house on short trips, I can make some visits to some of the places on our list. Right now, I am leaning towards a day care center, but who knows how we will feel once we start our visits. I always thought that we would send our baby to an in-home day care, but now I am not so sure. If anyone has opinions, we would love to hear them!

Onto our other "baby" - Rascal. He is doing great and mostly sleeps during the day when I am home. Since he has been on his own sort of bed rest the last six weeks, we took his toys away so he wouldn't be tempted to get active in the house. Well, last night I gave him back his favorite red ball and he acted like he had never gotten anything so good in his life! He must have played fetch a half dozen times last night. It was great to see him have so much fun again.

Well, that's all for now and I promise to post pictures of the nursery once it is completed!

0 comments: