Wednesday, October 10, 2007

32-Week Ultrasound

Hi everyone!

We had our 32-week ultrasound yesterday and it was so great to see the baby (it has been 12 weeks). Dr. Nord did lots of measurements and checked the baby over and said that the baby is doing really well. We were amazed to hear that he is measuring two weeks ahead and already weighs 4 lbs 15 ounces! There is a margin of error of about one pound but the nurse mentioned that Dr. Nord is typically right in his measurements. I thought for sure that we would have a small baby since both Dan and I were smaller babies in the six-pound range. He could weigh more because he has longer limbs, which is entirely possible if you look at Dan's mom's side of the family. Anyways, it is encouraging to know that he is growing well and is at a healthy size, especially if I deliver early.

I am now supposed to be on bed rest through 36 weeks, but I can begin to be more active after 34 weeks. I am hoping that the baby will stay put until my restrictions are lifted so I can get some things done before he arrives! In the meantime, we need to pick out a pediatrician and make child care arrangements for when I return to work. It is all pretty overwhelming and hard to know where to start. We have a list of child care providers in the area, but how do you know which one will be the best? It is such an important decision to make, especialy knowing that this person would be helping us raise our child, which is so hard to accept.

We have finally picked out a name! It is one that we have continued to go back to even when other names were thrown into the mix and it has just felt "right." For all of you who have asked us about the name, we are keeping it a secret until after he is born! During the ultrasound yesterday, Dan asked Dr. Nord to check one more time to make sure the baby is a boy. He is without a doubt certain that it is a boy and even pointed out the parts to us. We pretended like we knew what he pointing at, but truthfully we had no idea :)

Well, that is all for now. I was planning on posting the picture of the ultrasound, but I don't think it is a great picture and by the time I would scan it in, the image would be even more grainy.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

0 comments: