Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Inaugural Post!!!

Hi everyone --


Well, I decided to join the blogging world. Several of my friends have blogs and I find myself completely addicted to them, so I thought that I would start one of my own. I originally planned to get it started once Baby Engel is born, but as some of you know I am currently on bed rest and suddenly have a lot of time on my hands! I will try and keep it updated periodically and will add pictures from time-to-time, so stay posted!


For those of you who don't know, I was placed on bed rest last Thursday as a result of contractions that I was experiencing that were brought on by a urinary tract infection. Thankfully, I was able to trust my maternal instinct that I have heard so much about (and doubted that I had) and go into the doctor when something just didn't seem right. After being monitored by the hospital for three hours, I was treated with medication for my contractions and sent home with strict orders of bed rest, which has been my dread this whole pregnancy.


I have now adjusted to the routine of simply not being able to do anything and have Dan wait on me for things as simple as getting a glass of water. Most people think that this would be a dream to lie around all day and have someone else take care of all of the mundane tasks of day-to-day life, but it is just the opposite! Dan has been great and keeps reminding me that I need to relax and get my feet up for the baby's sake. I am also really thankful that my boss is so understanding and is allowing me to work from home, which will help keep my sanity :)


I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and my doctor wants me to continue my bed rest for another three weeks, at which I will hit the 34-week mark. The baby appears to be doing well and I have started to see his hand or foot doing the wave across my stomach for the first time during the past few days. I am used to the frequent punches, kicks, and somersaults, but the wave is exciting to see!!


Nothing else is really new with us right now except for baby planning. Dan has been working a lot and then gets to come home and do household chores. We're enjoying the new TV season and are trying to soak in the shows as much as possible because we know that shortly our TV time will be cut back dramatically. Thank goodness for DVR - the best invention (in my opinion)!

Rascal is doing good. He has been recovering from a disc herneation in his neck for the past month and seems to be doing better. This is his thrid episode of having problems with discs in his spine in the last two years. He has a disc degeneration disease and we keep praying that the next time he has a problem, it won't be serious enough that we have to make a hard decision. He is so young (five years old) and constantly wants to go on walks and play and we have to restrict him so he can rest and heal. His world is about to be rocked in the coming weeks and it will be interesting to see how he deals with a new human being in the house that consumes our attention.

I just wanted to update everyone on how the pregnancy is going. I apologize for my lengthy ramblings (most of you know that I can get a little wordy)!!


We hope that everyone is doing well and is enjoying the beginnings of fall!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Angela and Dan,
I will be your first posting. Kathy let me read your blog. Cool! I am sorry that you are on bed rest, but it is what is needed for that bouncing baby boy to get to enjoy his last few weeks, of peace and quiet. You two will be wonderful parents and I am so happy for you. Email me sometime, I get to check it at least once a week, if they boys let me near the computer. Take care, and keep your feet UP!
Love, Karen

Travelin' PT said...

Hey Ange. Welcome to the blogging world. Glad you could make it. Enjoy the peaceful time you will have these last few weeks of pregnancy. It will be amazing to feel and experience the bonding which you and baby Engel will do! What a blessing. Love Gina

Cathy said...

Angela,
It looks as though you were born to blog. Take care of yourself and my new nephew.
Cathy