Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Potty Trained!!!

Jacob is potty trained!!! This actually happened at the end of January. We finally stumbled upon a reward system that worked. Jacob has a deep love for Toy Story, so we bought him a set of characters that he could earn when he pooped on the potty. We set them on top of the fridge so they were out of reach, yet in his line of sight. He pooped on the potty immediately!! In the course of two weeks, he had a few accidents during which one would be put back on the fridge. He earned it back when he went on the potty again. I don't want to jinx it, but he hasn't had an accident in a month.

We also no longer have to ask him, more like force him, to go at regular intervals. He goes on his own and we are so proud of him! He also is now waking up dry on most mornings. He still wears a pull-up just in case, but truthfully, I don't care. I'm sure that his nighttime accidents will fade completely away in the near future.

I never really stressed too much about his training, but honestly, I was getting a little worried towards the end that he would never figure it out. Lots of people said that something would click in his brain and he would get it and that is what happened.

Bailey is showing signs of getting close to being ready to train, but I just don't want to go there yet! The other day, she asked us desperately to help her on the potty and I just didn't have the energy for it. I gave in and she actually really went! I guess here we go again :) That's the thing about having two really close together is that it is a lot of work upfront and then life gets easier later, right?!!

0 comments: