Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend with Aunt Sharla

I took the kids up to visit Sharla for a weekend at the beginning of July while Dan made a trip to Minnesota to visit his family. It was a rather busy week. I had a conference in Minneapolis from Sunday through Wednesday, which was my first time away from the kids. Dan left the next day for Minnesota and I took the kids to Decatur for the afternoon/early evening for a visit with my family and then we (including Rascal) took off Friday afternoon for Chicago. Needless to say, when we got back home at 10:00 that Sunday night, I was EXHAUSTED and so ready for to be in one spot for awhile. Oh and top of it all, Bailey had a stomach bug from Thursday evening to Saturday evening which added some fun to all!

We did have a great time up in Chicago. Friday night was a bit rough because Jacob refused to go to sleep until midnight. He slept in the next morning and then we were good to go! We visited Shedd Aquarium, swam in Sharla's pool (this was the kids first time in a pool and they LOVED it), and hung out. It was great to get away with the kids, but I couldn't do it very often :)



















0 comments: