Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Little Stinker

Jacob is turning into quite the stubborn boy these days. He decided Saturday night that eating wasn't for him anymore and rejected me and the bottle. This went on until Sunday night, although he did eat a few times in between. His longest stretch of refusal was eight hours on Sunday, which sent me into complete panic-mode. He eventually decided that he liked to nurse again, but the bottle continues to be off-limits for some reason. Since I am working full-time, this has turned into quite the problem. He did take two bottles at daycare on Monday (after 30-minute temper-tantrums) but I had to go nurse him during the day yesterday. This could be happening for a number of reasons - teething, the medicine he is on for an ear infection is upsetting his stomach, he wants more attachment to me, or it could just be a phase that will pass. Whatever the reason, I am hoping that this problems resolves soon, because leaving work 2-3 times a day to nurse will get tiresome fast, not to mention even more stressful due to having to miss work.

On a happier note, Jacob did great posing for his pictures on Saturday. We actually got lots of smiles! The photo session did, however, come to a crashing halt when he pooped in his diaper and then got really fussy. We would have had one more outfit change if it weren't for that, but we are so thankful that we got as many good pictures as we did. Hope that everyone enjoyed his pictures that I sent out. I failed to mention in that e-mail that those were the raw pictures and the ones that we had printed were edited and looked much better. I was just too lazy to edit them at home!

That's all for now, but if anyone has any suggestions for me on what to do about Jacob rejecting the bottle right now, I would love to hear from you!!

Angela

0 comments: