Monday, February 11, 2008

First Tooth!!


Yes, that's right our 12-week old sprouted his first tooth last week. I discovered this as I was feeding him on Saturday and was shocked to see something white in his mouth. It is located in his lower middle and has already come through the gum significantly. I have no idea when this happened because Jacob showed no signs of discomfort or that anything was wrong. He has been drooling a lot lately, but I just figured it was because that is what babies do! He has a couple of other spots that look like other teeth are trying to come through as well. I'm a little sad that he is already getting teeth because everything I have read says that it usually happens between 4-7 months and I don't want him to grow up any quicker than he already is. On the otherhand, I'm happy that he isn't extra fussy or showing signs of being in pain.

We had a relatively nice weekend. I went out Friday night with a couple of friends and saw the movie Juno - definitely a good movie to see. We slept in on Saturday and Jacob got a visit from his Grandpa who bought him a bumbo seat. He is almost ready for it, just needs to get a little more head strength. We put him in it anyways and got a good picture of him in it. It makes him look even heftier than he already is! I can't wait until he can safely sit in it so he can watch his Little Einstein movies without me holding him so I can get some things done while he is entertained :) Dan and his brother went to the ISU basketball game Saturday night, which was sold out since it was against Bradley. His brother is a Bradley alum and Dan loved that ISU won - always something to compete against each other on. We decided to stay home from church yesterday since we didn't think it was a good idea to take Jacob out in zero-degree weather. I got the house cleaned and laundry done while Dan watched Jacob and it feels so good to have the house clean again!!

This week should be relatively non-eventful. Jacob's infant room is having a Valentine's Day party on Thursday and he can bring cards to exchange if he (us) want to. I'm still debating on whether it is worth it or not. On one hand, it seems silly for babies to exchange cards, but on the otherhand, I don't want him to be the only one not participating. I'm making small treat bags for his teachers, but it is more of a thank-you for putting up with my anal-retentiveness :)

We're getting Jacob's three-month pictures taken on Saturday, which should be fun. I'm crossing my fingers that he cooperates. We tested out some clothes on him on Saturday and he did NOT like that at all. I figure that we'll start him out in the outfit that we want the most pictures in because he may not make it through multiple outfit changes.

On a personal victory, I am wearing my wedding ring for the first time in six months! It is still a little tight, but I am glad that I was patient in seeing if it would fit again before getting it resized.

Angela

1 comments:

Scott and Kristen said...

He is growing up quickly, but they always do . . . and that just means there is something to look forward to every day--smiles, new teeth, talking, first steps, and much more!

Kristen