Friday, January 25, 2008

Jacob's First Movie

Hi everyone --

Jacob just enjoyed his first movie experience, courtesy of Little Einstein's Baby Mozart! I've been wanting to try it for a couple of weeks now and finally got the opportunity. He made it through the majority of the movie before giving up, but I was pretty impressed with his attention span. He really seemed interested in it. This is the first time I have ever seen one of these movies and they are brilliantly constructed, this company is genious (of course it is in association with Disney). We will be doing this more often, especially as soon as he is able to sit safely in his bumbo seat.

Jacob did end up with a cold, although I don't think it is very bad at all. He never developed a fever and really slept a lot the first couple of days. He still coughs from time-to-time and has some nasal congestion, but I think that we lucked out with his first cold.

I got a touch of his cold starting Wednesday night and felt pretty bad. As if that wasn't enough, I woke up at 2:00 in the morning that night with hives all over. The only cause I can come up with is that I touched a toy we got as a gift for Jacob that day and the giver owns a cat (which I discovered later). I am very allergic to cats, but my reactions are typically respitory. I went to the doctor and got put on several medications. I was taking anti-histamines, but found out this morning that they reduce milk output, so I am now off of those. I started steroids this morning and should know tomorrow if they are working, if not then I have to get an allergy shot. I have had these darn hives for about 48 hours now and I am miserable!! They come and go, but mostly come. My doctor said that sometimes they can last for weeks. Yikes!!!!

Dan took yesterday and today off from work, which was nice. We kept Jacob home from daycare and Dan took care of both of us yesterday. Dan spent the whole day with Jacob today while I worked. Jacob starts daycare full-time on Monday and our normal routine begins. I think that we are all ready for some normalcy. We have a quiet weekend planned and will probably watch a lot DVDs, maybe even some Little Einsteins :)

Angela

0 comments: