Monday, September 26, 2011

Rainbow

I took these pictures a couple of months ago. It was mid-afternoon at a time when noticed that the sun was out while it was raining. I scooped both kids up and took them outside so they could witness their first rainbow. Pretty neat!






I forgot about these pictures until the other day and thought I would add them to a post at which I am also going to ask for some prayers. There are a lot of people around me hurting right now and I wanted to mention a few of them in case you want to add them to your prayer lists.

My grandparents (paternal) are both really struggling with their health right now. Both have cancer, my grandma's is far more advanced, and my grandpa is currently recovering from a head injury he got from a fall. The swelling/bleeding in his brain caused some damage and he is working on regaining the ability to fully communicate. He seems to be mentally in tact, but he is unable to fully verbalize. They are currently in the process of moving into an assisted living facility as living independently isn't realistic anymore. My dad and each of his sisters have spent a considerable amount of time taking care of them the last year and a half, which hasn't been easy on them.

My 24-year old cousin was diagnosed with cancer last spring and he is currently undergoing treatment. His prognosis is good, but he has really struggled with his treatments.

I have a friend who just lost her mom and at the age of 24 has to deal with not having a living parent (her dad died when she was a teenager). She is dealing with this very maturely and is very strong. Whenever I see her, she always has a smile on her face, which is just amazing to me.

There are several others close to me struggling for other reasons and I just pray for their comfort, healing, and wisdom.

0 comments: