Friday, February 25, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Valentine's Day came and went over the course of a few days in our house. I dug out the Valentine's Day decorations about a month before the actual day just to have a treat for the kids. Dan was out of town twice for about 4/5 days each in late January and early February. Bailey got sick both times he was gone, so we (meaning Jacob, Bailey, and I) had lots of home time since I couldn't take them out while Bailey was sick. At one point, I was home for four straight days and I went a bit crazy I think :) To help pass the time, I cut out hearts and let the kids decorate them with stickers and crayons. They then got to put them up on our doors. I also decided to have them make their teachers cards since I had extra time on my hands.

The kids had their class parties the Friday before Valentine's Day and then we celebrated as a family again on Valentine's Day itself. We haven't traditionally gotten them gifts, but Jacob's teacher sent home an empty wipes container for us to fill with goodies for him as an activity on Valentine's Day. We couldn't leave Bailey out, so they each got a few little things at home that night.

Below are pictures from it all.





















0 comments: