Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Things I HATE Saying

I'm finding myself saying the same things over and over to the kids that I absolutely hate saying. I feel like some days, especially lately, I'm this monster mom who just yells at her kids all day long. One of these days they will learn that I hate saying them more than they hate hearing them!

Sit down and finish your dinner.

Don't throw your food on the floor.

Stop banging your fork/spoon on the table.

Keep eating or I'm going to turn off the TV.

Don't push your sister.

Don't take that toy out of your brother's/sister's hand.

You need to go wash your hands since you just went potty.

Get your finger out of your nose. Go get a kleenex.

Stop drinking the bath water.

Don't splash the water too hard because you are getting me wet.

Go back to your room.

Don't come out of your room (after bedtime) or you are going to lose a toy.

Don't bang your wall with your toys.

Stay in your car seat until I can come over there and buckle you in.

Don't run away from me (in public places).

No, you cannot watch another TV show, you just watched two (our limit).

Stop jumping off the furniture.

Don't climb on the kitchen table, play kitchen, piano (yep this happens!), top of the couch, dining room table.

You do not talk to me or Daddy that way.

It's time to clean up the toys.

You need to listen.

What do you say? (prompting for a "please" and "thank you").



These are just a few things that I say often. I do say a lot of nice things to the kids too, but lately, I feel like the negatives are far outwaying the positives!!

0 comments: