Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cake Fail

I decided that I wanted to make Jacob's birthday cake instead of get a store-bought one.... again. I did a lot of research and found one that I thought was doable. I wanted to make a treasure box that was four layers high. It looked easy! I made a practice cake two weeks prior and planned on using it for my dad's birthday cake. Hey, it's family and they don't judge! It was the worst thing I have ever done. I didn't know whether to cry or laugh and I did both. I was able to partially salvage part for my dad's cake and tried to make it work. Again, it's just family. The hilarious part is that my three aunts were in town (as a surprise) to visit my grandparents and so it had a bigger audience than anticipated. Truthfully, we all needed a laugh at the time during my grandma's failing health.

Well, it was a lesson learned and I will not make another cake anytime soon.



0 comments: