Sunday, October 4, 2009

While Dan was Away

This is my second attempt at doing this blog. As I was uploading my final picture, the blog crashed and apparently never autosaved. All of you fellow bloggers will understand how frustrating this is, especially uploading pictures!!

Dan was gone a lot during the first few weeks in September for both work and fun reasons. I'm used to being by myself with the kids a day every now and then and usually 1-2 nights a week, but to have several days in a row from wake-up to bedtime intimidated me. I'm happy to say it went well and we all survived! Honestly, it was exhausting, but I feel stronger and more confident in myself. I definitely have more respect for single mothers now, wow!!

In order to help pass the time, I did take a couple of day-trips to Decatur to visit family and Sharla came down for one of the weekends to visit/help. I also have to thank Libby for giving me some relief one of the nights. Bathtime by myself is definitely daunting. If Bailey doesn't fall asleep before Jacob's bath, then I have a VERY unhappy baby on my hands which I can't do anything about.

Here is what one of my nights was like while Dan was gone. Bailey was getting fussy towards Jacob's bathtime, but refused to go to sleep, so I had to put her in her jumperoo to play while I took care of Jacob. She was not having that and cried the whole time, didn't even want her pacifer. After a quick bath, I put Jacob sans diaper in his room while I tried to rock Bailey to sleep. Didn't work. I went back to Jacob's room to put his diaper on and then go back to Bailey. What I found was Jacob squatting and pooping on the floor! He then stepped in it and ran across his room. I chose to address this situation before getting back to Bailey since I figured unsanitary conditions ruled over crying. Poor Bailey sobbed so hard and got the short end of the stick that night. It literally breaks my heart!


Here are some pictures of visiting family while Dan was away.

Jacob shooting pool with Grandpa

Great-Grandma with Bailey

Grandpa giving Jacob a wagon ride

Jacob picking tomatoes with Aunt Kathy

Sharla with the kids

Enjoying a nice afternoon on the deck with family

Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa with the kids

Three generations

Sharla pushing Jacob on the swing at the park

0 comments: